How To Apply Static Window Clings
How To Apply Static Window Clings custom full color vinyl banners, car magnets, static window clings, posters, banners
•Static clings are made from highly plasticized white vinyl film that does not require an adhesive to adhere to polished or smooth surfaces such as glass or mirrors.
• Static Clings have a release liner on the back and do not require any special skills or tools to install.
•Static cling are easy to remove and do not leave any adhesive residue.
• Static Clings are mostly used on windows for promotions, special advertising, announcements and many other uses. Static clings can be stored and reused if properly removed and stored over the original release liner.
CLING - APPLICATION & REMOVAL TECHNIQUES
The following is a general recommendation on steps that can be taken to apply static cling vinyls. Many of the points highlighted have proven to supply trouble free performance after the application is undertaken.
APPLICATION SURFACEClings may be applied to a variety of smooth polished surfaces such as glass, plastic, chrome, and high gloss smooth, painted surfaces.
SURFACE PREPARATION For proper adhesion the surface must be clean and dry. This product will not adhere properly to grease, oil, or dirt.
- Mineral spirits, heptane or V.M. & P naphtha can be used to remove grease and oil.
- Mild soaps or detergents warm water and soft cloth will clean the surface prior to application.
- An ammonia based window cleaner must be used on all glass surfaces.
For best results, application surface and material should be at 50° F or above.
Wet Method - This application technique is recommended for large decals (over 12"x12").
- Prepare a wetting solution of two or three teaspoons of liquid household detergent in one gallon of cold water.
- Remove the static cling from the board and lay the material on a clean, flat surface with the side up which will be adhered to the surface.
- Flood the application surface with wetting solution, (alternate method - wetting solution can be sprayed directly on the substrate).
- Place the cling in contact with the application surface. The wetting solution will allow the decal to be slid across the application surface for positioning purposes.
- Once the material is in position, roll the water out, working from the center of the decal to the edges. Use a rubber roller or a squeegee.
- Use paper towels to blot any excess moisture. Rub the edges to ensure the clings have adhered properly.
- After 24 hours the window may be washed, but do not use a squeegee.
Dry Method - This method is recommended to apply small clings (less than 12"x12")
- Remove the static cling from the board and place it in contact with the application surface. If the material placement is incorrect, pick up the entire cling and reposition. Do not attempt to slide the cling.
- Once the material is in position, roll any trapped air out, working from the center of the cling to the edges. Use a rubber roller.
REMOVAL This product can be easily and cleanly removed and reused. Cling needs to be stored on the board in a clean, dry environment.
REUSE When reusing static cling, if adhesion seems low, dip material in warm water to increase adhesion, then apply.
WARNING In areas of extreme fluctuations in weather conditions and temperatures, there can be problems with the suns heat on the clings causing the windows to expand or contract to quickly, which may cause damage to the window.